Western Canada Marine Response Corporation (WCMRC) is a Transport Canada certified Response Organization, whose mandate is to ensure there is a state of preparedness in place and to mitigate the impact when an oil spill occurs. This includes the protection of wildlife, economic and environmental sensitivities, and the safety of both the responders and the public.
WCMRC is currently recruiting a Full-Time Logistics Supervisor to join our Response Readiness team in Coquitlam, B.C.
Reporting to the Manager of Logistics, the Logistics Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Supervise the development, planning and execution of programs managed by the logistics department, encompassing support services program, area planning, and staging area management.
- Lead the development and implementation of the support services program, ensuring its effective integration within the organization.
- Manage agreements and relationships with external service providers in each operating area, ensuring compliance and efficient collaboration.
- Oversee the development, management and maintenance of the logistics databases associated with service contractors / providers, facilitating accurate and up-to-date information management.
- Support the development of WCMRC area plans by contributing and enhancing the logistics component to such plans.
- Supervise staff including assignment of work, probationary and annual performance reviews, leave approvals and initiation of disciplinary processes.
- Adhere to all legal requirements, participate in, and complete all necessary health and safety training, report any accidents, and take proactive measures to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
Preferred candidates will bring a minimum of 6 years of previous business experience – preferably in Supply Chain management with a warehouse or stores environment and at least 3 years in a supervisory role. This position requires strong leadership and organizational skills and the ability to coordinate and interact with multiple people and projects, and experience managing changing and shifting priorities. Additionally, strong computer skills including proficiency with all MS Office applications are required. A valid Driver’s License is also required. An endorsement 20 is considered an asset.
At WCMRC we value open and honest communication that fosters a climate of trust, integrity in all our business practices, success through competency, creativity and teamwork, and being a steward of the environment. We believe that putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders, suppliers and the communities we serve.
If you share our company values and have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, send a cover letter and detailed resume. https://wcmrc.com/careers/
We thank you in advance for your response and regret that only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.